Complex Child Custody and Support Issues in Divorce
Sophisticated Strategies for Streamlining Custody and Support Resolution
You know better than most that the anger and resentment at the end of a marriage too often leave children in the center of the “battlefield.” This program will focus on the “messy” side of custody and support – the disputes, modifications after the decree is final and allegations of abuse, to name a few. Review procedures and gain expert strategies for navigating the court in seeking, contesting, defending and modifying parenting and support orders. Children’s lives are at stake – get the tools you need to make the process as smooth and expeditious as possible. Register today!
- Learn to work efficiently with custody evaluators and gain practical tips for reviewing, analyzing and – if need be – contesting the evaluation.
- Get critical information on your rights to testing data to make the best use of the evaluation report.
- Be prepared to undergo the process of modifying an existing custody agreement at your client’s request.
- Know how to advise your client on what rights grandparents and other third parties have in custody cases.
- Discuss how much impact the child’s wishes and testimony should have when changing the agreement.
- Do you know what to do about visitation rights for an out-of-state parent? Find out here!
- Explore practical strategies for handling complicated relocation cases.
- Explore the latest support enforcement methods and ensure that they’re legally compliant.
- Review the procedure for modifying support orders when a parent’s income changes dramatically.
- Understand how changes in custody impact support calculations.
- Find out what the family court judge considers best practices in dealing with support and custody.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level seminar will focus on complex issues in custody and support and will benefit:
- Family Mediators
- Guardians Ad Litem
- Child and Family Therapists
- Social Workers
- Child Evaluations in Custody and Support Litigation
- Parenting Plans in Detail
- Modifying and Defending Placement Orders During and After the Divorce
- Initiating the Child Support Case
- A Judge’s View of Custody and Support Modification with Q&A
- Modifying and Enforcing Child Support Decrees
- Miscellaneous Issues in Custody and Support
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00
* denotes specialty credits
More information available – here